Information

Hello! My name is Izumi Shoji.I am a vegetarian living in Tokyo.
My first English book will be out soon,so I started this blog in English.
Though I'm not good at English,I will update this blog once aweek.Please come and enjoy!
Click here to read my Japanese blog which everyday I update showing recipes of my original cuisines of vegetables.)

Feb 11, 2011

Without an egg Carrot tempura

Hello! Nice to see you again. It is the first time in a week.
Today's recipe is sliced carrot tempura.Japanese-style tempura is usually used eggs.But today I will show you how to make without eggs.Making tempura coating with flour and soy milk gives this a very crunchiness.It is also very good sesame flavor.



ingredients for 1 person

carrot 3oz
3tbsp flour
2tbsp soy milk
A pinch of salt
1tbsp sesami
oil,for flying

Cut carrots into strips.

Mix flour and soy milk, add salt and sesame seeds also.

Mix the carrots into the bowl.

Heat oil and put carrots in there.The size is much eaten in one bite.Small amount of oil is fine.Turn one side becomes crisp.Once the whole crispy tempura, lift from oil.

Now ready! Carrots are very sweet.Texture is crunchy.This is low calorie tempura,because small amounts of oil.Please try it!

This blog is updated once a week, in the right side, I will briefly introduce my Japanese blog recipe.Please come and enjoy! See you next week!

I am also sending information on face book.
The Japanese Vegetarian Kitchen

ファンページも宣伝する

4 comments:

  1. Your eggless tempura looks crispy and delicious! What kind of dip or sauce do you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't cook tempura myself, because I can't keep the same temperature of the oil.
    But this one seems easy. I'll try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. Ms J.
    This dish is eaten as it is It is very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment Ms ellen.
    I'm very glad.

    ReplyDelete